Tired of the Same Old Foods?
Want to eat healthy but not sure what else to come up with that fits into your meal plan? Here’s a list of some of your favorite foods and new ways to eat them.
- Add a half banana and cinnamon to a peanut butter sandwich on 2 Kashi waffles
- Bake bananas into bread
- Cut a banana in half, spread peanut butter on both sides, slap a stick in between, push together, cover in chocolate and freeze
- Roll a banana and peanut butter in a whole wheat tortilla
- Blend a banana into a protein shake with Greek Yogurt
- Add bananas to pancakes
- Trifle with bananas, vanilla wafers, and vanilla pudding
- Cut bananas into pieces, freeze for 2 hours, blend in blender and eat! Instant ice cream.
- Substitute Greek Yogurt for sour cream on tacos and baked potatoes
- Use as a dip for veggies or fruit. For fruit: blend together with dried cranberries. For veggies blend in cucumber and dill
- Add to protein shake instead of, or in addition to, milk
- Plop in some honey and nuts for a true Greek dessert
- Make your own Greek Tzatziki sauce for gyros and chicken souvlaki http://thehealthyfoodie.com/tzatziki-sauce/
- Make tuna salad with with plain Greek Yogurt instead of mayo, and add celery, carrots and/or red onion
- Add tuna into pasta salad with fresh crunchy veggies
- Mix tuna, avocado and some lemon juice and smear onto a whole grain English Muffin, then add a tomato
- Tuna Burgers!
- Add walnuts or cranberries to your next tuna sandwich
Whole Grain Cereal
- Add whole grain cereal, like any Kashi variety, into Greek Yogurt and fresh berries
- Crush the cereal and use as a breading for chicken or fish
- Mix with dried fruit for a healthy trail mix
- Cereal, milk and fruit can make a great dinner!
- Bake sweet potato and top with plain Greek Yogurt and chives
- Mash sweet potatoes with cinnamon or nutmeg and finish with topped pecans
- Cut and bake into sweet potato fries and sprinkle with cumin or paprika
- Sweet potato and spinach quesadillas http://livehautehealthy.com/2013/02/14/dinner-for-two-spinach-sweet-potato-quesadillas/
So, what do you think? What’s your favorite? Any others to add?
I love hearing from you!
The greatest compliment you can give me is when you share this with others.
I sincerely appreciate it: